- Many people do wait up until their air conditioning unit is making a strange sound or isn’t running correctly before they ask for service. But did you know that if your air conditioner appears to be running smoothly, it can lose around 5% of its functional effectiveness each year?
- With regular maintenance with Abacus Plumbing, Air Conditioning & Electrical a system will maintain as much as 95% of its original performance. This means that the expense of a routine solution is rapidly recouped in financial savings on your regular monthly electrical energy expense, as well as in decreased repair service prices. A properly serviced air conditioner will additionally do a better task of dehumidifying your home.
When should you have your yearly “tune-up?”
The response, typically, remains in the spring. There are two major reasons:
- You wish to ensure your system is running efficiently, at its optimum ability, as well as its minimal power usage, before you really require to utilize it.
- You are most likely to get a prompter service if you organize it for before solution technicians obtain hectic in the heavy cooling season.
- There is an exemption, though: If your system is making odd sounds or doesn’t appear to be functioning effectively you need to have it looked at immediately.
What does a routine service entail?
An air conditioning service technician will check out as well as listen to your AC unit very closely. At a minimum, things s/he will do will include:
- Tidy the condensing system coils
- Check the amp draw of the compressor and all components
- Tidy the evaporator coils
- Oil the fan electric motors, if called for
- Check the system operating pressures against the maker’s requirements
- Examine the system running temperature levels against the supplier’s requirements
- Check the belts are all limited, as well as well changed
- Examine the cooling agent level
- Tighten all electrical terminals
- Check the thermostats and sensors
- Examine all ductwork for air leaks, as well as damages
- Examine, as well as examine condensate tray, drains pipes, as well as P-trap
- Inspect operation of all zone electric motors
- Check all safety gadgets
To hire an air conditioning service near Downtown Houston, please visit the link.