As we move our knees in the course of our daily activities, we find that our knees are insecure or unstable. Many factors can lead to it, but ligament damage is the most common cause.
Nonsurgical solutions like physical therapy and medication are often available from orthopedic specialists for treating unstable knees.
Instability Of The Knee: Best Two Treatments
- You will learn ways to prevent further injury from occurring if you have ongoing knee pain. Exercise and stretches can usually handle loose knee in some situations.
- Expert Orthopedic Surgeons: Click here (คลิกที่นี่, which is the term in Thai) if you are experiencing knee instability, we can provide you with information about orthopedic knee specialists.
- Providers of integrative medicine, physical therapists, and primary care physicians work closely to provide orthopedic care personalized for each patient.
Why Do Knees Become Unstable?
The knee can become unstable due to injuries or other conditions. These are just a few examples.
Knee Ligament Injuries
- During sports, you can tear the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL)
- An injury to the posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) is commonly caused by a car accident and is also referred to as a dashboard injury.
- Acute injury to the medial collateral ligament (MCL)
Osteoarthritis Of The Knee
Knee osteoarthrosis leads to pain, swelling, and limited mobility due to the gradual wearing away of the cartilage. People who are older are more likely to suffer from this condition.
Instability Of The Planets
Patellar instability can lead to kneecap dislocation.
Instability Treatment For The Knee
According to the severity of knee instability, there are various treatment options. Orthopaedic specialists can usually treat a partial ligament tear without surgery if you have one. Some nonsurgical options are:
- Reduce pain and swelling by resting, icing, and elevating
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID) reduce inflammation, pain, and swelling is nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID).
- In order to help heal a knee, a brace is used
- Strengthening and improving mobility through physical therapy
Surgery may be required if your ligament is severely damaged. Explore ACL surgery for knees.
Knee Instability May Also Be Caused By Other Factors
Knee instability caused by other conditions can be treated by our specialists. Here are some examples:
- Osteoarthritis Of The Knee: Pain management options are often available for treating osteoarthritis of the knee.
- Applying pressure to the kneecap in order to reposition it can be therapeutic for patellar instability. Knee braces and/or physical therapy are often used to accomplish this.